Good news, iOS users – searching for messages just got a lot easier! With the release of iOS 17, Apple has taken the messaging experience to the next level with new ways to search and locate messages quickly. In this article, we’ll take a look at the different search options available in iOS 17 and give you tips and tricks for locating messages with ease.
1. Get acquainted with iOS 17’s message search capabilities
iOS 17 is bringing several exciting changes to the native messaging app, one of which is optimized search capabilities. Here are just a few of the great ways you can use the new message search features:
- Filter message conversations – You can now easily filter conversations by date, person, and keyword, so you can quickly find the message(s) you need.
- Saved searches – Create custom queries for your messages using keywords and other options, and save them for later use. These saved searches are especially useful when you have to search a lot of messages quickly.
- Advanced search options – You can now also search for file attachments, hashtags, and more, so you can hone in on exactly what you’re looking for.
Once you’ve found your messages, you can then take action on them if needed, such as copying, forwarding, or deleting. This makes it even easier to manage your conversations in the app.
These message search capabilities in iOS 17 make messaging on your iPhone or iPad much more efficient and useful. Whether you’re looking for a funny message from a friend or something important from work, you’ll be able to locate it in no time.
2. Advantages of searching your messages
Searching your message box offers some useful advantages such as:
- Finding previous messages quickly – Being able to find out information about a previous message exchange quickly can save you a lot of time.
- Organizing the conversations – Searching your messages helps you to organize conversations within categories, tags, and with different contacts.
- Identifying trends – By searching your message box, you can quickly identify any trends or new ideas in the conversations.
You can also use search functions in order to quickly locate a message or conversation. For example, you can search by keyword, sender’s name, or other criteria to quickly retrieve a particular message or conversation.
Additionally, having the ability to quickly search through messages allows you to quickly identify any useful information or contacts that can be used for future communication or projects.
3. Easy steps to search your messages
Searching for messages in your email inbox is a lot easier than you may think! Plus, with the right combinations of keywords, you can easily find what you’re looking for:
- Step 1: Open your mailbox and select ‘Search Messages’.
- Step 2: Enter your keywords or phrases into the search bar.
- Step 3: Narrow down your search by adding other criteria such as sender, date, or subject.
Once you’ve entered your search terms, click ‘Search’ and your inbox will display only messages related to your search. It really is that simple!
Plus, you can save your searches for future reference. All you have to do is click ‘Save Search’ – it’s super convenient for when you have to look up something regularly.
4. Troubleshooting tips for searching messages
Sometimes, it can be hard to get your hands on past messages or conversations on a messaging platform. Here are some useful tips that can help you search your messages.
- Check out your sent items - This is the most obvious one, but we have to mention it. If you can remember who it was sent to, or even a little bit of the content, you can often find a message in the “sent items” folder.
- Dial down the search results – As you type in the search bar, the messaging app will return results from all the conversations it thinks is related. We often type in more words than necessary and have too many results. Just dial down the number of words you type to narrow the search results.
- Search for dates and times – If you remember when you had the conversation, you can search just by typing the date or time including specific keywords. This will help you narrow down results and help you find what you’re looking for.
- Connect multiple searches – Instead of searching for one keyword, try separating them and looking for multiple search terms. You can then connect them with either keyword to give you indicators of the conversations you want.
Try these techniques and you should have ways to quickly find messages.
It’s clear to see that iOS 17 makes searching for messages even easier, allowing you to find the information you need quicker and more efficiently. So, why not give it a try and experience the power of iOS 17’s searching capabilities for yourself?